Our transition coaching services are designed to help you find your best possible next position, quickly and efficiently, with customized guidance every step of the way.
JOB SEARCH PROCESS
Some clients want to begin with a comprehensive career assessment program, and others have a clear target but need help with getting – or excelling on – interviews. We can help with any stage of your search, from negotiating your severance agreement after a layoff to negotiating your new job offer.
Assessment and Targeting:
- Evaluate your current situation, goals, and priorities.
- Determine your skills, strengths, and weaknesses through digital assessments including the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and the Strong Interest Inventory, as well as career exercises and recommended reading.
- Establish initial career targets.
- Learn about the latest tools to research and refine your targets.
- Click here to learn more about the assessment process.
Resume, LinkedIn, and Value Proposition:
- Tailor and improve resume and LinkedIn profile.
- Craft verbal and written value proposition for target roles.
Job Search Strategy:
- Determine appropriate role of executive search, online job postings, and recruiters in your search and best practices to get meetings.
- Utilize targeting spreadsheet and clarify specific list of hidden job market targets.
- Build and develop first and second “degree” contacts via LinkedIn and alumni directories.
- Plan case-by-case strategies to get meetings with hiring managers at chosen organizations.
- Learn best practices for all stages of the job search to ensure a strong final negotiation position.
- Practice crafting introductory e-mails, phone call scripts, meeting request calls, and the elevator pitch.
- Prepare for exploratory and informational meetings with filmed practice as needed.
- Troubleshoot challenges.
Formal Job Interviews:
- Explore your first impression and learn to make improvements as needed.
- Polish your interview preparation. Prepare for tough interview questions. Practice and analyze mock interviews on video.
- Learn advanced interview techniques to improve your callback and close rate significantly.
- Discover effective techniques for interview follow-up.
- Continue to hone your skills for second/third/fourth round interviews.
Offer Negotiation and On-boarding:
- Find best practices for all stages of the job search to ensure a strong negotiation position at the time of the offer(s).
- Research, plan, and practice step-by-step negotiation responses to each offer.
- Prepare for your new organization and get off to a strong start in your new job.