Services: Transition Coaching
STAMBOULIE CAREER CONSULTING transition packages are designed to help you find your best possible next position quickly and efficiently. Clients who receive coaching on a consistent basis progress rapidly as they receive on-going guidance, motivation, and progress checks.
JOB SEARCH PROCESS
Whether you wish to begin with a comprehensive career assessment program or want immediate help with finding contacts and setting up interviews, we will help you progress at a pace that is right for you. Your customized transition coaching package can include:
- Assessment and Targeting. Evaluate your current situation, goals, and priorities. Determine your skills, strengths, and weaknesses through digital assessments including the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and the Strong Interest Inventory, as well as career exercises and recommended reading. Establish initial career targets. Learn about the latest tools to research and refine your targets. Click here to learn more about the assessment process.
- Resume, LinkedIn, and Value Proposition. Tailor and improve resume and LinkedIn profile. Craft verbal and written value proposition for target roles.
- Job Search Strategy. Determine appropriate role of executive search and online job postings and recruiters in your search, and learn best practices to get meetings through these methods if appropriate. Utilize “200 jobs” contact spreadsheet and clarify specific list of hidden job market targets. Build and develop first and second “degree” contacts via LinkedIn and alumni directories. Plan case-by-case strategies to get meetings with hiring managers at chosen organizations. Learn best practices for all stages of the job search to ensure a strong final negotiation position.
- Informational/Exploratory Meetings. Prepare, produce, practice writing introductory e-mails, phone call scripts, meeting request calls, and the elevator pitch. Prepare for exploratory meetings. Troubleshoot challenges. Prepare and practice for informational/exploratory meetings, filming as needed.
- Formal Job Interviews. Explore your first impression and learn to make improvements as needed. Improve and test your interview preparation. Prepare for and practice tough interview questions. Participate in and analyze filmed mock interviews. Learn advanced interview techniques to improve your callback and close rate significantly. Learn the most effective techniques for interview follow-up. Prepare and practice for second/third/fourth round interviews.
- Offer Negotiation and On-boarding. Learn best practices for all stages of the job search to ensure a strong negotiation position at the time of the offer(s). Research, plan, and practice step-by-step negotiation responses to each offer. Prepare for your new organization and get off to a strong start in your new job.