All monthly clients receive unlimited use of Big Interview, an online platform that allows you to see and hear yourself practice interviewing – from the privacy of your own home.
I recommend that you follow these instructions the first time you log in, as they will help you start practicing as soon as possible.
- Click here to register for an account using organization code “SCC”. You will then receive an email from Big Interview.
- Check your email for a message from BigInterview and click the account activation link.
- Answer a few demographic questions to finish registering (our apology).
Complete a 1-question interview:
- On the top left of the screen, click the Practice menu and choose Practice Interviews from the drop-down menu.
- Then on the top right of the next screen, click on Custom Sets (next to Standard Sets).
- You may see a black box on the right that says “Webcam not available. We are not able to access your camera. Please make sure you allowed access from the browser settings”. If you do, look toward the top left for a white box that says ”stamboulie.biginterview.com wants to use your microphone and use your camera”. Click “Allow”.
- Click the play button on the right “Tell Me About Yourself” and click on the interviewer to hear the question.
- Click the red Record button, wait for the countdown, and answer the question. Click Stop Recording when you’re done.
Watch & re-record.
- Click the play arrow and listen to your answer.
- Click Re-record and try to improve on your answer, and repeat as necessary.
- When you’re reasonably satisfied with your answer, click Save Answer and Finish the Interview..
- After you click “Finish the Interview”, you will be taken to the “My Videos” section. If you see a message that says “Some videos are being processed. They will be available shortly” but your video doesn’t appear shortly, press key F5 to refresh and your video should appear.
- Watch your recording and give yourself a numerical rating between 1-5 on each of the 10 rating items.
- Then write in some comments about your answer.
- Click Save Review and click anywhere to the left of the ratings window to go back to the My Videos page.
- Select your video and click the blue “Share Now” button on the top right to make it visible to me (but only if I look for it).
- If you want me to look at your video sooner, please enter email address email@example.com in the “E-mail the following people” box video (or that of another person you’d like to review it).
- If you haven’t yet registered for a Big Interview account, click Register and create an account using the 3-letter Stamboulie Career Consulting organization code we sent you. If you don’t have this code, please call us right away at 212-206-9929 (there’s no need to email or text first).
- After logging in, click on Assignments.
- On the next screen enter the assignment code you were provided, or enter these codes to be directed right to a specific question:
- To practice responding to Tell me about yourself, enter assignment code 103183
- Review the assignment.
- Record answer.
- Save the answer. (you will see the upload)
- Submit assignment. ( there will be another screen which says ‘submit final answer’)
- After you submit your assignment, you will be taken to this screen.
- Select Submitted. It will bring you to this screen.
- Select the assignment.
- Select your video.
- Click on the answer and listen.
- Click self-review and answer/review the question.
- Click save review.
- Once satisfied the final time, select Share and enter the email address of the person with whom you’re sharing.
- Your Content Goes Here