All coaching program clients receive unlimited use of Big Interview, an online platform that allows you to see and hear yourself practice interviewing – from the privacy of your own home.
How to set up Your Big Interview Account*
- If you haven’t received an email from BigInterview, click here to register for an account using organization code “SCC”.
- Check your email for a message from BigInterview and click the account activation link.
- Answer a few demographic questions to finish registering (these are set by BigInterview and we don’t see your responses).
- Rather than clicking the green “Start Here” button, click Assignments in the top menu near the Stamboulie Consulting logo.
- Enter the assignment code you were provided, or enter assignment code 05489e to practice answering “Tell me about yourself”.
- You may see a notification that says “Webcam not available. We are not able to access your camera. Please make sure you allowed access from the browser settings”. Look toward the top left for a white box that says ”stamboulie.biginterview.com wants to use your microphone and use your camera”. Click “Allow”.
- Skip the rest of this process and jump to instructions below.
How to Complete a Big Interview “Assignment”
- Login to Big Interview, click Assignments, and then enter code 05489e.
- Choose a potential interviewer and email Sarah a link to their LinkedIn profile.
- Reread their profile before you start, and then really pretend you’re talking to them.
- Click the “play” button to listen to the interviewer’s question,, and as you do so, think about how you can customize your answer for this specific interviewer. Feel free to end your answer with a question for the interviewer.
- Answer the question and click “stop recording” when done.
- Play your video and listen for ways you could improve your answer, paying attention to the rating criteria as you watch your video and re-record.
- Click “re-record” and “delete” to continue with overwriting your prior recording, and answer the question again.
- Continue analyzing your answers and re-recording until you’re satisfied.
- Then click “save answer” and check that there is a green check mark next to the question on the left, which means it’s been successfully saved.
- When you finish all the questions, click “Submit Assignment”. You’ll again have an opportunity to review and re-record your answers.
- Click “Submit final answers.”
- When you’re done, click over to the “Submitted” tab under “Assignments” and click “Review Yourself”.
a. Carefully watch your video for each question, and then rate yourself on every criterium and then write comments.
b. Then click Review Entire Assignment and again rate yourself on each item (unfortunately this is required to submit the self-review).
c. Check your self-review was saved by clicking the Submitted tab again and making sure it says ”Your Self Review: X(1-5).
- Then after I’ve reviewed your assignment, log back in, click Assignments, Submitted, and Check Admin Review. Keeping my review in mind, watch each question one more time.
** If Chrome is your default browser, click BigInterview Assignments and log into your BigInterview account. (If you have Chrome but it isn’t your default, open Chrome and paste in this link: https://stamboulie.biginterview.com/members/assignments. If you don’t have Chrome on your computer, go to BigInterview System Requirements to learn about using other browsers.*please accept our apologies (and let us know right away if possible) if you encounter a broken link or other issues with this page. We love that Big Interview makes frequent upgrades, but it makes it harder to keep our materials up to date.