Services for Organizations: Transition Coaching
Why Offer Transition Coaching Services?
Our personalized transition [outplacement] programs — developed over the past fifteen years — allow former employees to quickly and efficiently find their best possible next position. Our coaches ensure that individuals are treated with respect throughout the process. At the same time, we provide guidance to the organization to mitigate risk and preserve reputation. Working with us, employees at any stage will progress quickly and successfully. They may elect a thorough career assessment program, or immediate help with finding contacts and setting up interviews.
By thoughtfully taking care of their former employees’ needs, through funding outplacement, organizations build a stronger business foundation. Better relationships with those leaving the company minimizes the risk of litigation, fosters good will internally and externally, and makes it easier to recruit talent in the future. Forward-thinking managers recognize that their former employees may someday refer work back to the company — or even become a client. By offering quality outplacement services, companies retain talent by demonstrating care and respect for everyone in the workplace.
Transition Program Process
Our fully customized and personalized career transition program is led by a dedicated career coach who guides and advises the executive throughout the entire process. This partnership ensures that the candidate stays focused and effectively manages his or her re-employment campaign. For flexibility and accessibility, meetings can be held by video, phone, or in-person, and day, evening, and weekend appointments are available.
Assessment and Targeting:
- Evaluate your current situation, goals, and priorities.
- Determine your skills, strengths, and weaknesses through digital assessments including the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and the Strong Interest Inventory, as well as career exercises and recommended reading.
- Establish initial career targets.
- Learn about the latest tools to research and refine your targets.
- Click here to learn more about the assessment process.
Resume, LinkedIn, and Value Proposition:
- Tailor and improve resume and LinkedIn profile.
- Craft verbal and written value proposition for target roles.
Job Search Strategy:
- Determine appropriate role of executive search, online job postings, and recruiters in your search and best practices to get meetings.
- Utilize targeting spreadsheet and clarify specific list of hidden job market targets.
- Build and develop first and second “degree” contacts via LinkedIn and alumni directories.
- Plan case-by-case strategies to get meetings with hiring managers at chosen organizations.
- Learn best practices for all stages of the job search to ensure a strong final negotiation position.
- Practice crafting introductory e-mails, phone call scripts, meeting request calls, and the elevator pitch.
- Prepare for exploratory and informational meetings with filmed practice as needed.
- Troubleshoot challenges.
Formal Job Interviews:
- Explore your first impression and learn to make improvements as needed.
- Polish your interview preparation. Prepare for tough interview questions. Practice and analyze mock interviews on video.
- Learn advanced interview techniques to improve your callback and close rate significantly.
- Discover effective techniques for interview follow-up.
- Continue to hone your skills for second/third/fourth round interviews.
Offer Negotiation and On-boarding:
- Find best practices for all stages of the job search to ensure a strong negotiation position at the time of the offer(s).
- Research, plan, and practice step-by-step negotiation responses to each offer.
- Prepare for your new organization and get off to a strong start in your new job.